This Dijon mustard salmon recipe is super simple to make and tastes delicious. It’s high in protein, healthy omega 3 fats and fibre.
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 1
- 1x salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Handful of rocket
- 50g uncooked wholegrain rice or 150g cooked rice
For the dressing
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place the salmon fillet on an oven tray and add the tablespoon of Dijon mustard and black pepper to taste. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
2. Whilst the salmon is cooking, cook your rice as per instructions.
3. Combine the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl or jug and add to the rocket before serving with the salmon and rice.
You don’t need to cover the salmon or wrap it in tin foil – the layer of Dijon mustard helps to keep it moist.
Before buying, check your salmon to ensure it’s been sustainably sourced. Look for the blue symbol which states it’s certified sustainable food by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC).