Healthy Spiced Apple Oat Bars
These healthy spiced apple and oat flapjacks are sweet, chewy and delicious. Flavoured with cinnamon for a festive feel they are a perfect snack or mid afternoon pick me up.
Time: 35 minutes Serves: 16
- 240g oats
- 30g whole wheat flour
- 50g brown sugar
- 2-3 apples diced
- 50g sunflower seeds roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 60g melted butter
- 120ml milk (I used oat milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Prepare a baking tin with cooking spray or greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and apples
- In another bowl, melt the butter then add milk, honey, eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined then pour into the baking tin, ensuring to spread the mixture evenly
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or golden brown, and allow to cool before cutting
- You can add different seeds or nuts for more fibre, protein and healthy fats.
- Suitable for batch cooking and freezing for a quick breakfast or snack. Simply take them out to defrost for an hour or so before eating or heat up in the microwave and add to yoghurt or use as a porridge topping.